pluto tv app keep freezing on verizon one box and like to see new app s
dan9033
Enthusiast - Level 2

every time watch Pluto tv app on the FiOS one box it be ok then it starts to freeze up that need to run a update to FiOS one boxes for the app on there so i and other could be able to watch and also i notice some of the app on FiOS one box look very old from back 2005 like the Pandora app look very old and updated when you that app any where eise is more updated  and also the weather bug app on there look very old as well so as horoscope looks very old on there as well they need to update those app make it look more better i also like to see put like to sport center app on there witch give sport score on screen like comcast have on XI on FiOS tv and like then bring Xumo tv app to FiOS one box too and Hulu and also tubi tv  app to FiOS one tv box as well and also HBO max app and Disney plus appt to FiOS tv one box i like to see FiOS be like comcast have the streaming and cable tv all in one box if you bring all those app to FiOS tv one box then FiOS tv could top of line more and you would bring more people in your service more and also the name widgets and apps needs to go that back from 2005 they need to redo  that section and rename it apps and also like to heart radio app come to FiOS tv one box as well comcast all ways adding new app to there service FiOS is very behind on everything 

thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: pluto tv app keep freezing on verizon one box and like to see new app s
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wish they would not spend a minute or $1 adding apps to the STBs.

So many people have Smart TVs or streaming devices. I would rather they improve the boxes themselves as an STB. Not be a media server

View solution in original post

Pluto TV widget
sportsmedianut3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anybody else having any problem with the new Pluto TV widget? Everytime I try to watch a program on one of the Pluto TV channels it freezes up.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wish they would not spend a minute or $1 adding apps to the STBs.

So many people have Smart TVs or streaming devices. I would rather they improve the boxes themselves as an STB. Not be a media server

Re: Pluto TV widget
Kefner
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue.  Sometimes I can watch for 10-15 mins, then it freezes, then sometimes it's every 3 to 5 mins it freezes.  Thought it was maybe because I was using WIFI to my box, so took the time to run a cable line to it, but no luck, still just randomly freezes.  Only work around is to go channel up/down then it starts working again.  Very annoying!!!!  

0 Likes
PhilInVa

Same here, pretty much useless on both on the DVR and the remote set top boxes.  It hangs/freezes and also when you are watching something the video freezes quite a bit.

Also found that running on two boxes or one box and the pluto app on my iPad will cause problems, everything hangs.

0 Likes
sportsmedianut3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it is annoying when watching a Pluto channel it will freeze up. Also it is a pain when trying to change to a diferent Pluto channel you have to do it one channel at a time. Also when doing the one channel at a time Pluto will freeze up sometimes the freeze up is so bad you need to reboot the cable box. If FIOS is offering the Pluto TV channels why doesn't FIOS have definative channels on their sysyem  for Pluto. Why not have the Pluto channels on the 2000's channel numbers?

0 Likes
scoops3

Same here

0 Likes
sportsmedianut3
Enthusiast - Level 2

You would think that with all the complaints about Pluto TV freezing on the FIOS widget that FIOS would do something to fix this problem. 

0 Likes
BPM2

it's junk

0 Likes
Husky781
Enthusiast - Level 1

Amy Poehler advertises for xfinity Peacock so, Verizon started Pluto.

Agree that we all have streaming but my 57ft. ranch can't connect to router in living room for upper  bedroom!???

They upgraded me to catv. 

Internet speed 1gig!!!!!!( lol).    ah, nope. 35mps at best. Told it was my device. MICRISOFT SURFACE PRO!

Husband asks WHERE THE HECK IS THE GUIDE?

0 Likes