Customers With Disabilities

quick menu

prices of set top boxes?

Copper Contributor

prices of set top boxes?

Message 1 of 8 (1,567 Views)

what are the current prices for the set top boxes?

7 REPLIES
Silver Contributor II

Re: prices of set top boxes?

Message 2 of 8 (1,560 Views)

In my area it's $19.99 for a multi-room DVR; $16.99 for a DVR and $6.99 for an HD STB. (Not sure what the SD equipment or CableCard fees are.)

Silver Contributor I

Message 3 of 8 (1,542 Views)

I don't believe SD equipment is available any longer. If you have it, you can obviously keep using it, but no new orders are being accepted for SD equipment.

Platinum Contributor I

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 8 (1,488 Views)

Outside of NY/NJ the HD-STBs at $11.99, but if you have more than one box you can get discounts.

Silver Contributor II

Message 5 of 8 (1,483 Views)

prisaz wrote:

Outside of NY/NJ the HD-STBs at $11.99, but if you have more than one box you can get discounts.

Is that right? $12 for a non-DVR box? That's pretty ridiculous. 

Nickel Contributor

Message 6 of 8 (1,465 Views)

SD boxes are no more.  Plus they are slow and painful to use

Platinum Contributor I

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 8 (1,412 Views)

sangs wrote:

prisaz wrote:

Is that right? $12 for a non-DVR box? That's pretty ridiculous. 

Well right now I have no Verizon STBs or DVRs. I am running a Media Center Server with eight tuners, and 5 Extenders. Two CableCARDs at $3.99 each. I cut about $50+ off of my bill, but if you already have X-boxes, and other hardware to configure, I figure my payback 13-14 months easy! I gave up VOD and the other options, and can remotely program my Media Center too. Un like TiVO I am not paying a monthly charge to Microsoft, so my old TiVO HD collects dust now.

I guess when the VMS1100 and IPC1100 hardware comes out, there will be mor flexable pricing options I hope. I hope the IPC1100 will not cost $12.

$7 for an HD box, and I think that was only after the $2 national price increase. So the NY/NJ were only paying $5!

Copper Contributor

Message 8 of 8 (1,321 Views)

I don't believe SD equipment is available any longer. If you have it, you can obviously keep using it, but no new orders are being accepted for SD equipment.

i didn't order one, but I just got sent one as a replacement for my Motorola 7100 HD box. When I renewed my 2 year contract I was told I had the wrong box and they sent me a 2500 SD box. Needless to say, I'm not pleased and the drama shall commence .....

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Suspend My Service
  • Manage Services

Support

Watch Fios