Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

problem with fios tv caller id & standard box

Contributor
Contributor

problem with fios tv caller id & standard box

Message 1 of 2
(3,844 Views)

I just activated the caller id for fios tv this weekend.  now, every time we receive a call, it causes our standard box to reset.  

our multi-room dvr box is not affected by a call but it is not showing the number when the call comes in.

is anyone else having this problem.  I have had FIOS for about 14 months so I don't think it's "an older box" issue.

thank you in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: problem with fios tv caller id & standard box

Message 2 of 2
(3,740 Views)

Hi pferraio, I'm sorry you're having trouble with your tv caller id feature. There are a few things you can try to get it going for you.

*First, check the lower left hand corner of the stb for the model #, it should be 2500-3. If it is -1 or -2, it isn't compatible with this feature and we may have to get you a new 2500.

*Once -3 is verified, make sure the feature is setup/activated on all stbs in the house.

*If all are already activated, then reseat coax at all stbs and remove pwr for 1 minute or so, wait for reboot to complete.

If issue remains, please send me a personal message with the name, address and VZ phone # or contact #, we will need to do additional troubleshooting.

Kim
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.