problem with fios tv caller id & standard box
pferraio

I just activated the caller id for fios tv this weekend.  now, every time we receive a call, it causes our standard box to reset.  

our multi-room dvr box is not affected by a call but it is not showing the number when the call comes in.

is anyone else having this problem.  I have had FIOS for about 14 months so I don't think it's "an older box" issue.

thank you in advance for your help.

0 Likes
Re: problem with fios tv caller id & standard box
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

Hi pferraio, I'm sorry you're having trouble with your tv caller id feature. There are a few things you can try to get it going for you.

*First, check the lower left hand corner of the stb for the model #, it should be 2500-3. If it is -1 or -2, it isn't compatible with this feature and we may have to get you a new 2500.

*Once -3 is verified, make sure the feature is setup/activated on all stbs in the house.

*If all are already activated, then reseat coax at all stbs and remove pwr for 1 minute or so, wait for reboot to complete.

If issue remains, please send me a personal message with the name, address and VZ phone # or contact #, we will need to do additional troubleshooting.