"Adult Title"????
No-Max
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why are there many shows listed in the guide as "Adult Title" when that's certainly not what they are?  For example, I don't think MSNBC shows adult movies!!!

NM

0 Likes
Re: "Adult Title"????
prisaz
Legend

@No-Max wrote:

Why are there many shows listed in the guide as "Adult Title" when that's certainly not what they are?  For example, I don't think MSNBC shows adult movies!!!

NM

Thank our notorious FYI guide data provider.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Thats part of the Parental controls.  In the parental controls there is a spot that says "hide adult information". So when ever the parental controls see any of its "key words" or ratings of "NR" it will hide the title as it may be offensive or objectionable to children.

Unfortuanatly the side affect is some of the info provided by Live programing, such as the news for example, may not have anything objectionable, but it will either contain one of the "key words" or a rating of "NR" (not rated) so the parental controls will err on the side of caution and hide the title and put in its place the words "adult title".

This is one of the few cases where FYI is not to blame. Doenst happen often but in this case, its not them.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Does not FYI insert the rating flags?

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

yes they do, but even when entered correctly, you still have this issue. Nearly all news or live programing is not rated, or rated mature as there is no telling what the content is.

this really can happen just about anywhere. I've seen Sesame Street on Direct TV listed with "blocked title" (DTV's version of the Verizons "adult title"). Of course this was on some of the classic episodes before it was a rated program. But the point is that when the conditions are met, you get "adult title", even if there is not a true adult situation. Like most parental control systems, it err's on the side of caution. Better to block it if there is any question than to not block when it may be offensive.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@spacedebris wrote:

yes they do, but even when entered correctly, you still have this issue. Nearly all news or live programing is not rated, or rated mature as there is no telling what the content is.

this really can happen just about anywhere. I've seen Sesame Street on Direct TV listed with "blocked title" (DTV's version of the Verizons "adult title"). Of course this was on some of the classic episodes before it was a rated program. But the point is that when the conditions are met, you get "adult title", even if there is not a true adult situation. Like most parental control systems, it err's on the side of caution. Better to block it if there is any question than to not block when it may be offensive.

Cool I learn something new everyday. I guess the VOD titles were fixed not to display also. Been wrong before and i'll be wrong again. I guess it is just the way it works.

0 Likes