"Bad gateway" issue (again!!!)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 31 of 56
(1,345 Views)

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Is there any way I can get some help on this? I chatted with support online a while ago and the problem was fixed, but then recently it started happening again.

Thank in advance.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 32 of 56
(1,302 Views)

I have the same "bad gateway" problem as everyone else. Mine started after I upgraded from a 6416 to a 7232 DVR. I've been through several tech support people, countless resetting of the dvr and router and no one seems to know how to remap the dvr to get it to work. The last tech support guy did an escalation to his boss after not being able to remap the dvr after 90 minutes. I then got a ticket open notice, then a ticket closed notice the next day with no change in the "bad gateway" problem. It seems that only Mike_VZ knows how to actually fix this. Mike_VZ can you help me?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 33 of 56
(1,241 Views)

I see Verizon now offers Pandora as a widget.  When I try to add the widget to my set-top box remotely, I receive a Bad Gateway error, and then Pandora is no longer listed as an available widget.  What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 34 of 56
(1,237 Views)

@katwarren wrote:

I see Verizon now offers Pandora as a widget.  When I try to add the widget to my set-top box remotely, I receive a Bad Gateway error, and then Pandora is no longer listed as an available widget.  What do I need to do to fix this problem?

The Pandora widget with 1.9a "stutters" (at least on a 7232), as does Media Manager streaming and the iheartradio widget (which are worse than Pandora stuttering).  So you're not missing anything at this point, except great music that makes you think your spacing out every beat or so.

And now back to the orignal thread topic....sorry.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 35 of 56
(1,214 Views)

Bad gateway help!!   Have done everything, any help//

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 36 of 56
(1,168 Views)

Having the same problem,why can't they fixed the problem already?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 37 of 56
(1,142 Views)

bad gateway issue here. new fios customer.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 38 of 56
(986 Views)

I am having the "Bad gateway" issue also. It does not matter if I try to schedule a recording through my work computer or my home computer. I tried resetting the router. Can anyway tell me how to speak to a live technition please.

Thank you so much.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 39 of 56
(949 Views)

I've been having this problem for a couple weeks.  Finaly found some time where I could do some other things around the house, and waited on hold for about 20 min.  Got connected to a very smart and helpful tech who solved it in a couple minutes.  Self serve would be nice, but all I can say is, wait it out, describe the problem, and it should get fixed relatively painlessly.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 40 of 56
(936 Views)

I am hoping my problem can be resolved without Vz tech support.  None of my experiences with them have been very good.  I have had FIOs for about 4 years, and never had a problem before remotely accessing DVR from computer. 

For last few weeks, I cannot access either of my DVRs.  I get the same message with both--DVR not responding or Bad Gateway.  I have logged into the router and all settings appear to be correct.  I have done the reboot (not factory reset) with the router and dvr.  Since both dvrs stopped responding at same time, I am assuming it is a router problem.  But would port forwarding be the issue if both dvrs are not responding?  They have different IP addresses. 

Would like to know as much as possible before resorting to tech support.  They've wiped my dvr settings once, and I would like to at least prevent them from messing something up, by having a good idea of what is actually causing the problem, before dealing with them.

Any really smart techies out there with Vz or not, who might be able to assist in diagnosis?  Thanks.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.