Re: "Bad gateway" issue (again!!!)
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

For all that are having gateway issue.

He may not like me for this, but user Anthony_Vz (who evidently is a tech for Verizon) offered to fix if you pm him (see this thread: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Bad-Gateway-and-DVR-not-responding-message...

Sounds like he has the fix and it is a router issue.

0 Likes
BJP4

Is there any resolution to this . Also get the Bad gateway issue. Using the DVR from the web is worthless. it seems the link for Anthony has been disabled.

0 Likes
qunicy007

I chatted with Verizon Tech Allen online and reported what was happening with my DVR and recording shows from the Web and "Bad Gateway" message. He was extremely cordial and the following day my problem was solved.

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
royalh13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've spoken with 1 person over the phone who submitted a "ticket" for this issue..  spoke to 3 online chat agents who were absolutely WORTHLESS!

The absolute worst service ever... one guy even told me he couldn't help with verizon webpage registration.. I have no idea how he got that out of my bad gateway error message....

0 Likes
Diego10901
Enthusiast - Level 3

Add me to this list...................................................................................................................

No quick fixes is **bleep**.

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

The "Bad Gateway" message indicates that the port mappings required for web-DVR to work are not set up correctly. You should contact Verizon (I recommend using Live Chat) and ask them to "reset the port mappings for remote DVR". Use exactly that phrase. They will have it fixed very shortly.

0 Likes
Diego10901
Enthusiast - Level 3

Everytime I try "live chat" it never works. It just runs me around in circles....................................like my bad gateway issue.

0 Likes
mashghoool
Enthusiast - Level 1
Can someone "remap my path"
0 Likes
Irish00001

Same issue here! Help!!!

0 Likes
bobejr

I had the "Bad Gateway" problem also.  Solved by using the remote to schedule any recording on the DVR.  After scheduling a program, the "Bad Gateway" problem disappeared and has yet to return.  ymmv.

Bob

0 Likes