"Bad gateway" issue (again!!!)
bevross
Contributor - Level 1

I receive "Set Top Box is not responding" or "Bad Gateway" messages when I try to access my DVR through the FiOS TV Central website.  Had this problem before and Mike_VZ here on the forum did something that made it work.

Tried: powering down set top box, router; running "AutoCorrect" from the DVR menu;
running the self diagnostic test on your DVR set top box (get 'Listener 1 Started') -- still no go.

Hesitate to contact support directly (calling or via chat) 'cause the few times I have whatever they did wiped out my "Favorites" list -- a big hassle to re-do!

So, am hoping another VZ tech here on the forum can work their magic!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Bad gateway" issue (again!!!)
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Bevross,

I have remapped the path again for you.  Please retest and send me a message if you're still having any trouble.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue.  I've copied your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

Thank you for your participation in the Verizon Forums!

KaLin

Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Bevross,

I have remapped the path again for you.  Please retest and send me a message if you're still having any trouble.

Thanks!

bevross
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks, Mike! 

It works now.  If it happens again could I call the help line and mention "remapping the path" seems to solve the problem?  Somewhere along the line it seems this glitch needs to be fixed for everyone.  Perhaps only a small percent of FIOS TV customers use the web to schedule recordings and thus not alot of attention is paid to the issue?

Bev Ross

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Mike_VZ wrote:

Hello Bevross,

Thanks!

I sure wish that an automated process for "remapping the path" was available, either via the web site, the In-Home Agent, or the STB menu itself!  It would sure save alot of frustration in the customer base!

Justin46
Legend

@PJL wrote:

@Mike_VZ wrote:

Hello Bevross,

Thanks!

I sure wish that an automated process for "remapping the path" was available, either via the web site, the In-Home Agent, or the STB menu itself!  It would sure save alot of frustration in the customer base!

AGREED! While I have not experienced the issue in many months, when it happens it seems to always be at the worst time, when I am away from home and decide I really want to record something. Surely there is some way to make the "fix", whatever it is, available to us without needing to call or use the Live Chat.

Since it sometimes happens when I do not have physical access to the DVR itself, the process really needs to be web based I think.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
ldm1701
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last week I upgraded my dvr. Now I need my old dvr removed from my box menu/Internet menu. I call up and get told my account only shows 1 dvr and 1 HD STB. I try emailing but get told I can't. Right now the online system looks for a box labeled Living Rm. But the one labeled Living Room is the new box. I get Set-Top Box - 0000018595036115 is not responding, or Bad GW when it looks for Living Rm. I can also disply the proper Living Room box. Can this be passed on to proper dept.

0 Likes
mmcglynncg

I have the same thing.  Try to connect via web and get the "bad gateway" message.  Powered down/up the router, no change.  Can someone remap my equipment?

0 Likes
bevross
Contributor - Level 1

@ldm1701 wrote:

Last week I upgraded my dvr. Now I need my old dvr removed from my box menu/Internet menu. I call up and get told my account only shows 1 dvr and 1 HD STB. I try emailing but get told I can't. Right now the online system looks for a box labeled Living Rm. But the one labeled Living Room is the new box. I get Set-Top Box - 0000018595036115 is not responding, or Bad GW when it looks for Living Rm. I can also disply the proper Living Room box. Can this be passed on to proper dept.

When I upgraded my DVR (to the new 500GB) it took maybe 10 days for the old one to disappear.  Seems (maybe ?) a different issue?  One thing I did was rename the new box from "Living Room" to "Family Room" so as know what I'm pointing to.  But -- what do I know!!

0 Likes
licnewbie

I'm getting BAD GAteway for the first time. Any quick fixes? This is my first time trying to program my DVR remotely. Also, what channel is the tutorial for basic use?

a.

0 Likes