"Bad gateway" issue (again!!!)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 41 of 56
(1,856 Views)

For all that are having gateway issue.

He may not like me for this, but user Anthony_Vz (who evidently is a tech for Verizon) offered to fix if you pm him (see this thread: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Bad-Gateway-and-DVR-not-responding-message...

Sounds like he has the fix and it is a router issue.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 42 of 56
(1,837 Views)

Is there any resolution to this . Also get the Bad gateway issue. Using the DVR from the web is worthless. it seems the link for Anthony has been disabled.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 43 of 56
(1,829 Views)

I chatted with Verizon Tech Allen online and reported what was happening with my DVR and recording shows from the Web and "Bad Gateway" message. He was extremely cordial and the following day my problem was solved.

Thank you very much.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 44 of 56
(1,809 Views)

I've spoken with 1 person over the phone who submitted a "ticket" for this issue..  spoke to 3 online chat agents who were absolutely WORTHLESS!

The absolute worst service ever... one guy even told me he couldn't help with verizon webpage registration.. I have no idea how he got that out of my bad gateway error message....

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 45 of 56
(1,692 Views)

Add me to this list...................................................................................................................

No quick fixes is **bleep**.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 46 of 56
(1,683 Views)

The "Bad Gateway" message indicates that the port mappings required for web-DVR to work are not set up correctly. You should contact Verizon (I recommend using Live Chat) and ask them to "reset the port mappings for remote DVR". Use exactly that phrase. They will have it fixed very shortly.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 47 of 56
(1,672 Views)

Everytime I try "live chat" it never works. It just runs me around in circles....................................like my bad gateway issue.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 48 of 56
(1,434 Views)
Can someone "remap my path"
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 49 of 56
(1,410 Views)

Same issue here! Help!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 50 of 56
(1,397 Views)

I had the "Bad Gateway" problem also.  Solved by using the remote to schedule any recording on the DVR.  After scheduling a program, the "Bad Gateway" problem disappeared and has yet to return.  ymmv.

Bob

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.