"Coming Soon" and IMG 1.6
Cokeman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just recieved the new channel alignment here in NJ along with the addition of about 25 new HD channels. Two things:

1. I notice a lot of channels that are designated as "Coming Soon". Does anyone know how soon we will be recieving these channels? They look to be isolated to all HD channels.  I never had channels that were labeled as "Coming Soon" so any info is appreciated.

2. With the upgrade of the guide to 1.6, what exactly is included in this upgrade? I was wandering if we will ever see the return of the option to add/remove channels from the guide? And no I am not talking about favorites. When I first signed on to Verizon, I had the old guide which had the option of removing unwanted channels from the guide so that you wouldn't see them when searching through it. For example, I have HBO and with it comes HBO Latino. Now, I do not speak spanish so I was able to remove this channel from the guide. This also goes for the entire spanish package. I had the ability to remove all spanish programing from the guide.

Verizon, you gave us the feature in the old guide, why did you not include it in the new one? When, if ever, are you going to add this feature back? An EXCELLENT feature I wish Verizon would bring back.

I have also seen a lot of talk on here about the guide data provider. When is Verizon going to ditch the current provider and go with a more reliable one? I never had the issues I have with the guide when I was with Comcast.

So, to sum it up for me. Bring back ADD/Remove to the IMG and Get a NEW RELIABLE data provider for the Guide and Verizon Fios TV would be near perfect!

0 Likes
Re: "Coming Soon" and IMG 1.6
matcarl
Master - Level 1
All the Coming Soon HD's should be on by the end of this coming week. Add/Remove options should be back by the end of the year.
0 Likes
jmejiaa
How do I get my box to upgrade to build 1.6, is this done automatically?>
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@jmejiaa wrote:
How do I get my box to upgrade to build 1.6, is this done automatically?>

Yes, usually sometime in the middle of the night. I have heard but not confirmed that there are some bugs in 1.6 that have caused Verizon to stop ugrading boxes to 1.6 until they have fixes. I hope that is true, I am really not having that many problems with 1.5 that I want to rush to 1.6.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

This is what is in IMG 1.6

New and improved features:
• Self Provisioning on VOD and MR DVR
• STB Games
      Resident Games

DVD Games
• ESPN Fantasy Football
• Additional Widgets
      Horoscope
      Headline News
      Sports News
      What’s Hot
      Olympic Sports
• Media Manager
      Will now support 6200 and 7100 STBs as terminals
      Can now stream video from your PC to your TV
• Self Diagnostics
      On Help menu

Message Edited by Telcoguru on 09-19-2008 11:52 PM
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Telcoguru wrote:

• STB Games
      Resident Games

DVD Games
• ESPN Fantasy Football
• Additional Widgets
      Horoscope
      Headline News
      Sports News
      What’s Hot
      Olympic Sports
• Media Manager
• Self Diagnostics
      On Help menu

I thought it also included fixes for the green line / "beveled" picture HDMI faults that were introduced in V1.5?  This is way more important than the BS games and hororscopes (intentionally misspelled).

I also thought it was supposed to improve the response of the STB to VOD commands - again more important than added bells and whistles.

Fix the bugs first, add features later - just makes sense to a dumb engineer like me.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Keyborads,

It does include those fixes, he just listed the new features. It has about 200 fixes supposedly.

0 Likes
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3

@Telcoguru wrote:

• STB Games
      Resident Games

DVD Games
• ESPN Fantasy Football
• Additional Widgets
      Horoscope
      Headline News
      Sports News
      What’s Hot
      Olympic Sports
• Media Manager
• Self Diagnostics
      On Help menu

That may be so, but I'm not seeing it.  I have Media Manager and 1.6 and do NOT have video streaming from my PC, nor HD STB support for Media Manager, no self-diagnositcs, etc.  Maybe 1.6 is so CAPABLE, but it's not activated everywhere, apparently.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
It still takes weeks to get all the features after you receive the 1.6 upgrade.
0 Likes
plagued
Enthusiast - Level 3

Video streaming only seems to include streaming mp3's and jpg's currently,

for $7 a month, free for 70 days for me, or so it says.

Message Edited by plagued on 09-22-2008 12:07 PM
0 Likes