"Your Set-Top Box details could not be retrieved" on my TV service page
stephenju
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just had TV service added yesterday. The DVR works. But when I go to My Services page on Verizon web site (http://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/MyAccount/Protected/Services/MyServices.aspx) it shows the box but not activated. After some help from live chat, I got it activated and can access DVR via web.

But after a few hours, the same page now says "Your Set-Top Box details could not be retrieved" and clicking at any of the links like "Record A Show" brings me to the On Demand/FlexView page (https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/OnDemandHome.aspx) with no mention of DVR at all.

My FIOS was installed way back and is CAT5 on WAN. The new TV install put in a new Actiontec rev. F and kept the CAT5 WAN since the ONT doesn't have COAX WAN. Everything works inside the home. Just the web access is not working.

Any pointer where I should look?

0 Likes
Re: "Your Set-Top Box details could not be retrieved" on my TV service page
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

Mine says that too, but I don't seem to have any problems accessing or programming my DVRs from the Web site.

I also have a CAT5 Ethernet run to the ONT, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

MinervaBrown

Same here. Have not been able to access my recorded DVR shows online (where I prefer to delete them from) but I can access them from my main DVR box.

Please fix this.

0 Likes
MinervaBrown

...and this problem just started about 1-2 weeks ago. Everything worked fine before that.

0 Likes
stephenju
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went live chat yesterday and the tech find out the box never "called" back to indicated it's on. He elevated the issue to web access group (?) and told me it will be handled soon.

I still can't go to any of web access page. All links redirect me to the on demand page.

The ticket number is{edited for privacy} if it helps.

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

Mine is showing not activated.  I hadn't looked at it in a few months.  But whenever I select a link to view my DVR, my channels, TV listing or anything like that, I get sent to a page for on-demand listings and flex view (https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/OnDemandHome.aspx).  So yeah, something is definitely wrong.  All links are going to this on-demand page and there doesn't appear to be a way out of it.

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

Now I'm able to get it to go to the right page instead of the on-demand page.  But I'm seeing the same problem others have listed.  It can't see my DVR and is showing that it's not activated.

0 Likes