"drm device registration failed" Verizon Media Manager android tablet
Poodles

I get the error "drm device registration failed" using Verizon Media Manager on an android tablet.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "drm device registration failed" Verizon Media Manager android tablet
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Poodles wrote:

I get the error "drm device registration failed" using Verizon Media Manager on an android tablet.  Any ideas?

You get this error if the device is "rooted" (meaing you have full root access).  There is an app in the Google Play Store that will temporarily allow you to un-root the device, and when done the registration will work.   I use OTA RootKeeper to temporarily un-root and then re-root.  The device must be un-rooted each time you attempt to use the Verizon Medai Manager app to view content.

View solution in original post

PJL
Master - Level 3

@Poodles wrote:

You get this error if the device is "rooted" (meaing you have full root access).  There is an app in the Google Play Store that will temporarily allow you to un-root the device, and when done the registration will work.   I use OTA RootKeeper to temporarily un-root and then re-root.  The device must be un-rooted each time you attempt to use the Verizon Medai Manager app to view content.

Poodles

Awesome!  OTA RootKeeper worked like a champ.  Too bad it's only 4:3.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

You are welcome for the advice.  I'm glad it worked.

0 Likes
eportsRe: "drm device registration failed" Verizon Media Manager android tablet
ebrick

Can someone help I still have this issue on two generic tabletsm  I purchassed they are not rooted or / jail broken .. I ran the app not sure if I am doing it correct .

0 Likes
pjreif2
I am also having the same problem on my Galaxy SIII.Please someone help.
0 Likes
pibbles4ever

If your device is NOT rooted, go to settings > security > UNCHECK allow from unknown sources.  Your device is reading as if it's rooted if you have that checked.  I just spent like an hour trying to figure that out.  XD

0 Likes