Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

remote control replacement

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

remote control replacement

Message 1 of 5
(2,301 Views)

i am very upset , I do not understand why I have to pay for a new remote , just replace the one i have and take the old ones back, how dare your company charge me a fee for a replacement , this is not a proper, so unfair , i have paid over

$5000.00 in billing of three years , I need new remotes and should not have to pay for them.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: remote control replacement

Message 2 of 5
(2,288 Views)

I got remote replacement and NEVER a charge.  I was told you get a free replacement.  You are entitled 1 per year.  If you lose more then one a year.  Then they charge you.

Was this a one time thing like me?  Well mine just stopped working.   They did not want the old one back either.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(2,174 Views)

I was told remotes are now considered an "accessory" and subject to a $15 fee. I told them no thanks and use an old universal remote I had.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 4 of 5
(2,159 Views)

Why won't they exchange them?   Cablevision always exchanged them.   I would be **bleep** if I had a broken remote and they would no exchange them or let me go to a store to get one.

Try talking to a manager.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(1,877 Views)

I can't believe it either.  I've been a loyal paying customer since Vios was available in my area.  I'm charged over $200/month for my services but in order to use the box that I'm already being charged for, I have to pay an additional $15 if the remote stops working.  I'm considering switching to cable or dish for a little while then switching back.  That way, not only would I get a free remote when I return to Verizon, I would also get discounted services.  If I switch to cable right now, they're offering TV/Phone/Internet with free HBO for 2 years for only $90 and get a $300 prepaid Visa.  Remind me why I'm with Verizon again!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.