remote control replacement
gabriella63
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am very upset , I do not understand why I have to pay for a new remote , just replace the one i have and take the old ones back, how dare your company charge me a fee for a replacement , this is not a proper, so unfair , i have paid over

$5000.00 in billing of three years , I need new remotes and should not have to pay for them.

Re: remote control replacement
joker211
Contributor - Level 1

I got remote replacement and NEVER a charge.  I was told you get a free replacement.  You are entitled 1 per year.  If you lose more then one a year.  Then they charge you.

Was this a one time thing like me?  Well mine just stopped working.   They did not want the old one back either.

0 Likes
jfkellyjr

I was told remotes are now considered an "accessory" and subject to a $15 fee. I told them no thanks and use an old universal remote I had.

0 Likes
joker211
Contributor - Level 1

Why won't they exchange them?   Cablevision always exchanged them.   I would be **bleep** if I had a broken remote and they would no exchange them or let me go to a store to get one.

Try talking to a manager.

0 Likes
Momma1960

I can't believe it either.  I've been a loyal paying customer since Vios was available in my area.  I'm charged over $200/month for my services but in order to use the box that I'm already being charged for, I have to pay an additional $15 if the remote stops working.  I'm considering switching to cable or dish for a little while then switching back.  That way, not only would I get a free remote when I return to Verizon, I would also get discounted services.  If I switch to cable right now, they're offering TV/Phone/Internet with free HBO for 2 years for only $90 and get a $300 prepaid Visa.  Remind me why I'm with Verizon again!

0 Likes