Re: remote control volume control issue
mpeeze

This worked great!  I've been dealing with volume control issue for 2 years now with my Samsung TV.  This was very helpful.  Thank you so much.

0 Likes
threekd

I am having considerable difficulty programming the volume on the remote control provided by Verizon

The TV is a small Magnavox TV connected to a Verizon Digital Adapter, and used in one of our upstairs rooms.

I have successfully programmed the 265 remote control to work with this TV, except for the volume.

After programming the remote, the remote can ONLY be used to lower the volume, not increase it.

To increase the volume I have to use the remote that came with the TV.

Even today, I received a brand new remote from Verizon, but still no difference.

If this is truly a universal remote as advertised, why can't I use it to adjust the volume up and down?

Any suggestions that anyone may have to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated

Thank you.

0 Likes
Khakiman
Same problem torturing me for years. The Verizon Tech who did the hook-up several years ago was clueless on how to fix it. Your solution worked like a charm. Many thanks!
0 Likes
cffl05

I had the same problem with the P265 v1.1 remote control.alexp94's solution worked like a charm!!

0 Likes
TexasBlue42
Enthusiast - Level 2

BLESS YOUR HEART !!!!!!   THANK YOU!!!

0 Likes
TexasBlue42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now is there a code I can enter to make the GUIDE go back to what it was, instead of the tiny font and horrible colors like it is now????????

Smiley Mad

0 Likes
MarkEK1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Great Solution!!

This Solution worked great for both the Verizon P265 (2 button) remote and for the Verizon/Philips RC1445301 (4 button) remote.

0 Likes
viciousd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung TV and neither my TV, mute or volume buttons would work.  This did the trick.  Thank you so much!  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes