remote not working right

SOLVED
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

remote not working right

Message 1 of 3
(7,922 Views)

I've had my FIOS about 2 months, put new batteries in remote and it is still not working right.  Some things work fine.  Other things stopped working - can't delete a DVR show, can't change channels with one digit, but it will if I add all 4 digits, info box on bottom of screen never disappears (unless I hit exit).  What's wrong?

My second TV set-up is OK.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Re: remote not working right

Message 2 of 3
(7,916 Views)

@netmouse wrote:

I've had my FIOS about 2 months, put new batteries in remote and it is still not working right.  Some things work fine.  Other things stopped working - can't delete a DVR show, can't change channels with one digit, but it will if I add all 4 digits, info box on bottom of screen never disappears (unless I hit exit).  What's wrong?

Might not even be a remote issue. Have you tried rebooting the box?

If you do think it's the remote it's still under warranty.

You can get a free replacement easy within the dvr's menu.

Here is a page that tells you ways to get a replacement.

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/remote+controls/troubleshooting/questionsone/12...

Get a new remote and if you still have the same issues then you'll know its the dvr that needs to be replaced.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Message 2 of 3
(7,917 Views)

@netmouse wrote:

Might not even be a remote issue. Have you tried rebooting the box?

If you do think it's the remote it's still under warranty.

You can get a free replacement easy within the dvr's menu.

Here is a page that tells you ways to get a replacement.

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/remote+controls/troubleshooting/questionsone/12...

Get a new remote and if you still have the same issues then you'll know its the dvr that needs to be replaced.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 3
(7,913 Views)

That did it, thanks.  I unplugged the box and it rebooted.  All OK now.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.