Switch Account

set top box issue

Contributor Timothy35
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(360 Views)

Hi, i seem to be having issues with my set top box. Every once in awhile the picture will freeze and pixilate for a second. Also, some other times i'll lose audio completely.

2 REPLIES 2
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 2 of 3
(344 Views)

@Timothy35 wrote:

Hi, i seem to be having issues with my set top box. Every once in awhile the picture will freeze and pixilate for a second. Also, some other times i'll lose audio completely.

Check all of your coax connections by removing, inspecting them for a bent center connector, and then reseat them firmly.  Make sure you check all betweek the ONT and the STB including any splitters.  I had the same issue and found a loose connector.

Contributor Timothy35
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(335 Views)

As far as i can tell its just one tv in the second bedroom in my apartment. I haven't noticed it on the other tv's. So it may just be what you suggested with the coax cable. It doesn't appear to be HDMI cable related as i tried two different cables.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.