Re: set top box unresponsive to remote/slow to remote
captjrh

I've spoken to 6 Verizon techs... Clueless. 3 told me it's the set top box, 2 said Verizon has critical update coming, and the last guy said to try unplugging the box and the reboot will help. He also told me that when I get tired of doing that, try a new set top box.  What is wrong with this picture?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello captjrh

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
cap10john

Same damned problem! VERIZON seems to be giving everybody the old run-around. This is so annoying I'm tempted to throw the box out the window.

Not paying for service that is trying to drive me nuts!

0 Likes
bcrea

This has been happening to me since I got the box. Verizon replaced it and the same issue returned. It is at the point were once a week I unplug it.  Not what I expected.  Come on Verizon fix the problem.

0 Likes
JKCOOL
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are too having major issues with the Quantum Boxes. It is very slow, non responsive piece of junk and is worse since the upgrade.  I worked with Verizon support for over two months to get this resolved.  Nothing has helped.  I don't understand why others are not having the same experience as we are having.  What could be different?  I can watch the box update the screen and usually have to wait until it does or it will just ignore the remote.   ITS IS THE WORST!

Bruce

0 Likes
pturner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes same issue. Slow responsive remote. Switching to Cox

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes