set top box
Pammy5
Enthusiast - Level 1

My set top box  only displays the 1st number consistently.  When the 2nd number displays, the 3rd doesn't and vice versa.  This started recently.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: set top box
prisaz
Legend

@Pammy wrote:

My set top box  only displays the 1st number consistently.  When the 2nd number displays, the 3rd doesn't and vice versa.  This started recently.

Try disconnecting the power plug wait a bit, and plug it back in. It will take a little time for the box to come back up. If it continues, contact tech support. The STB may need to be replaced.

The contact us link can be found at the bottom of the page. But I will include it here.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

View solution in original post

prisaz
Legend

@Pammy wrote:

Try disconnecting the power plug wait a bit, and plug it back in. It will take a little time for the box to come back up. If it continues, contact tech support. The STB may need to be replaced.

The contact us link can be found at the bottom of the page. But I will include it here.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

Pammy5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Didn't work, thanks anyway.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do the buttons on the front of the STB (up / down, etc.) still work fine?  Does the STB still tune channels fine?

If so, have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote -or- tried a different remote (if you have more than one STB).   The batteries could be weak or the remote could be bad.

Have you recently installed a new flat screen TV or change the lighting in your to use CFL (compact flourescent) bulbs?   Some flat screen TV's (reported often with some LED models) interfere with the IR signal from the remote.   Moving the STB away from the TV screen or changing the angle at which the remote hits the STB can often help.

0 Likes
Pammy5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your help.  Just got off the phone with company rep...sending a replacement box.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Sounds like bad logic on the LED display. If it does not change channels or receive properly it is just a plain bad box.

0 Likes