set top boxes keep needing reboot
landrewspear
Just got fios three weeks ago and the set top boxes just started needing to be rebooted a few times a night - in the middle of live shows and dvr/on demand viewing. Very annoying. Reset the whole system and that didn't work either. Help?
0 Likes
Re: set top boxes keep needing reboot
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have Quantum?

That has been seen by others. But a new release is on its way out and it is hopeful it will eliminate the issue.

0 Likes
landrewspear
Yes Quantum. Update came two days ago. Right before this started happening. Will wait it out and see if it fixes on its own, but I have my doubts.
0 Likes
ISpeakTheTruth

Verizon appears to know about this problem and says that they are working on a fix.  Does anyone know if they monitor this forum and reply with status here, or has anyone figured out in what public URL they are keeping the public aware of the issue's status?

0 Likes
ISpeakTheTruth

As in landrewspear's case, this happened to me immediately after this week's Quantum "upgrade" that got pushed out to my boxes.  I have 1 hub unit and 4 remote set-tops.  The remote set-tops that are farthest by coax route from the hub are the only ones impacted.  In my case, all coax branches out from the basement floor.  Attaching the hub stb to the television in the basement fixes the issue for all sets other than the one on the top floor.

0 Likes
landrewspear
ALL three boxes doing it in our case. Husband couldn't watch for 5 minutes without it happening this morning - and checked all boxes and it was the same. After unplugging for an hour or so, seemed to work, but this evening the 2-second freezing has started again, which he says is what it does before the reboot messages start coming. We are very close to switching back to Comcast because of this - even with the penalty cost. Seriously, it happens at the worst times, too. We've had quantum/FIOS less than one month, and so far are really disappointed.
0 Likes