slow channel changes
mitch0531
Enthusiast - Level 3
I have 4 stb. An older 64xx a new 7232 dvr and two 7100-2. The 64xx and 7232 are fine. The two 7100-2 boxes intermittently get very slow on channel changes and also loading the guide and menu. I have rebooted them, I have rebooted the router. I have even unplugged them for several hours. When they come back online they usually are fine for awhile then they slow down again. Sometimes it is just one of them and sometimes both. I have even replaced both of them for new boxes and still have same issue. The channel changes can take 5-10 seconds when the problem is occurring but they respond instantly when the problem is not occurring. A restart or pulling the plug usually fixes it but the problem always returns. Only happens on the two 7100-2. All boxes are still on 1.8. Have not yet received 1.9a update in my area. Any ideas?
0 Likes
Re: slow channel changes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

It could be related to the HDMI processing of the boxes. Temporarily hook up either a composite or component cable from the Verizon set top box to the the television to see if the same delay happens.

0 Likes