so is parental on 1.9 better (usable!)
rickla
Enthusiast - Level 3

I read those release notes and it sure sounds like verizon missed the boat, thinking the issue about parental controls was the setup.

What I did  not read was any fixes to issues everyone wanting to use them has. If they are on, and adult can't use the set without going crazy: unlock only a channel at a time, flip down and back to that channel, ,locked again! No way to temporarily unlock all (with it renabling after X minutes of idle or power cycle, which my old cable co did).

Someone who has 1.9 can perhaps tell me if they did improve this and it's just not in the release notes. Setup was easy, it's this other stuff that is the killer.

0 Likes
Re: so is parental on 1.9 better (usable!)
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

What I always advise is when you start watching TV, to go into the parental controls menu and switch from on to off. You just have have to make sure to turn back on when you are done watching TV. The new IMG does not have a temp delay to turn it off. That is a great suggestion though!  That sounds like this post would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes
Re: so is parental on 1.9 better (usable!)
rickla
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok I just entered it. I don't know how anyone uses the current controls effectively as it is now. It's why mine stay off most of the time (nobody remembers to turn them back on)

0 Likes