sound bar programming
Jack310

Have  55" Samsung TV and Sound bar. Tv is fine. How do I program the sound bar with the P265 remote??

0 Likes
Re: sound bar programming
jonjones1
Legend

@Jack3wrote:

Have  55" Samsung TV and Sound bar. Tv is fine. How do I program the sound bar with the P265 remote??

You have me a mite confused. My sound bar is connected to my tv. I use the sound bar remote to adjust the sound.

i use it also as a Bluetooth speaker for my iPads etc. after setting it to Bluetooth.

verizons remote is worthless in this case.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

P265 remote pretty much just supports TV and STB.

When I got my soundbar, I upgraded to Harmony remote.

You can get a resonable one for under $100.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauthwrote:

P265 remote pretty much just supports TV and STB.

When I got my soundbar, I upgraded to Harmony remote.

You can get a resonable one for under $100.

As I said verizons remote is useless.

it takes a second to use the remote that came with the sound bar. Why spend more money?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

To not have to use 2 remotes.

Plus I have a DVD player and a roku all on the same TV. Harmony means I only have to use 1 remote for everything.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauthwrote:

To not have to use 2 remotes.

Plus I have a DVD player and a roku all on the same TV. Harmony means I only have to use 1 remote for everything.

You know I remember those remotes that could handle 4/6/8 devices via programming or direct beam. I thought they were long discontinued. So this harmony device is fully functional in getting the Fios remote functionality?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep.

It is software driven.

You program it by hooking it up to your computer.

And it can download updates.

Plus you can program buttons to do different things.

For example, there is a TV button. I have it programmed to turn on STB, TV and soundbar.

A movie button turns on Roku, TV and soundbar.
And it is smart enough to know if you turned on TV and soundbar while watching STB, hitting movie button just turns off STB and switches input to Roku.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauthwrote:

Yep.

It is software driven.

You program it by hooking it up to your computer.

And it can download updates.

Plus you can program buttons to do different things.

For example, there is a TV button. I have it programmed to turn on STB, TV and soundbar.

A movie button turns on Roku, TV and soundbar.
And it is smart enough to know if you turned on TV and soundbar while watching STB, hitting movie button just turns off STB and switches input to Roku.

That seems like the device to have...😀

0 Likes
Jack310

I want my Verizon remote to control the sound bar like my comcast remote did. 

@jonjoneswrote:

@Jack3wrote:

You have me a mite confused. My sound bar is connected to my tv. I use the sound bar remote to adjust the sound.

i use it also as a Bluetooth speaker for my iPads etc. after setting it to Bluetooth.

My Comcast remote could be programmed to the sound bar. How about the Verizon remote.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Jack3wrote:

I want my Verizon remote to control the sound bar like my comcast remote did. 

@jonjoneswrote:

@Jack3wrote:

My Comcast remote could be programmed to the sound bar. How about the Verizon remote.

Highly doubtful if Verizon has the same technology as Comcast it’s just one of the trade offs when you get a different service.

0 Likes