Enthusiast - Level 2

The sound cuts in and out on box on both DVR'd programs and regular programs 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: sound cuts out
tward392
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had this happen one time on one of my FIOS TV One DVR's, all I did was hit the power button which turned the T.V. and Amplifier off, turned it back on and all was good again.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

First pull the power to the boxes for at least 30 seconds and plug back in. That will reboot the boxes and hopefully fix the issue. Second, check all connections to the TV from the box, you may have a bad cable if reboot doesnt help. How is the box connected to the TV? HDMI or analog? How long is the cable if HDMI?

Billy3201
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use a 18" HDMI cable, it also happens when optical cable and sound bar is attached and it only happens on this one box 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try going into service menu, power off at box, ok 2x, left arrow, choose user menu, additional HDMI settings, change audio to LPCM, ok, power off. That might work for you. If not reboot box, if still no joy, could be a defective box. Try swapping with the other box and see if the problem follows the box.

tward392
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had this happen one time on one of my FIOS TV One DVR's, all I did was hit the power button which turned the T.V. and Amplifier off, turned it back on and all was good again.

Hoz56

Yes this fixes the problem but who wants to do this every other time they watch tv?  Aka it keeps reoccurring, twice a week.  There is obviously an issue someone should look into.  

0 Likes
JanPre
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been happening to us for the last few months.  Sometimes it is so bad we can't even watch a program because of the sound cust out every few seconds. It also happens on the DVR programs now.  Not sure if it recorded with the sound cut-outs or it is cutting out when watching it because live TV is cutting out also.

It used to only be the one box in the fam room but now the TV in the bedroom is doing it also and they don't both do it at the same time. Meaning, if I am watching TV in the bedroom and the sound is cutting out but my husband is watching in the family room with no problem.  We've unplugged the box(es) like fios says to do for 30+ seconds.  Sometimes it fixes it for the night, but it starts again the next day. We reset the box(es) at least once a day, sometimes more.  One night I reset it 3 times in 15 minutes and finally gave up and shut the TV off.  Our contract is up in Dec and we have decided to go back to Comcast.  While researching this problem on the internet I see this has always been a problem with fios going back to 2008. So they know there is a problem and they can't/don't fix it?  We pay over $200 a month and this is not worth the money.  Looking for a way to cut the cord but none of the streaming services have the sports we watch.  Tired of being ripped off with high prices and lousy service.  Oh and for the records, we have checked all connections to both sets and they are all fine.  Nothing has been changed or added since we started with fios 2 years ago.

Ltf224

I’ve figured out that the sound dropping, for me at least, is connected to the voice control feature. Instead of turning the tv on and off, I stumbled on clicking the voice control button. That restores the sound. I just don’t know how to figure out what the issue is and stop it from happening at all. But at least this is way less annoying than having to turn your tv on and off each time. 

0 Likes
Waltman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yup, same here. not going to keep rebooting. My equipment and cables are good and this happens on two different boxes. Thanks for the memories Verizon.

jlawalsh
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is my exact problem. It starts at around 9:30-10:00 at night. Sound just goes in and out. I have had a technician out and replaced the boxes. I have been calling Verizon and they keep giving me the run around. We are very close to dropping them. This last update destroyed my TV watching. I know that this is not an internal problem but they keep acting like it is. They also told me if they replace any cables they will charge me. I have had it!!!

0 Likes