sticky and gooey remote controls
ssacrt

Does anyone know if verizon will exchange sticky and gooey remote controls? It seems that with time they are all melting and becoming disgusting to hold

0 Likes
Re: sticky and gooey remote controls
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once upon a time they would send out a replacement remote for any reason.  But there was so much abuse, they stopped that.  

Now they went the other extreme and make you buy them.  Luckily for me I built up a collection of them from when I changed STB's.  To easy to break/spill etc them.

0 Likes
RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

We had the same issue with sticking buttons on this type of remote. The problem in our case was not due to dirt or residue. The problem is the most used buttons (like the volume or channel buttons) start to flatten from use and get wider and then they rub against the face of the remote. This is definitley a defect with these remotes. The solution is to make the holes larger so they don't rub.

It took us a while to figure this out. Since these remotes are no longer replaced free of charge and are actually OWNED by the customer and not rented, I took one apart and used a small file to open the holes where it was sticking. Never had the problem again.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ssacrt wrote:

Does anyone know if verizon will exchange sticky and gooey remote controls? It seems that with time they are all melting and becoming disgusting to hold

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Like the coating on the plastic decided to turn into rubber cement. I would think if you brought them to a Verizon store they would exchange them for you. Might charge you to mail new.

0 Likes