Switch Account

swapped tvs and boxes and now box can't find network connection

swapped tvs and boxes and now box can't find network connection

SOLVED
Copper Contributor Scrltotara
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(1,120 Views)

I had a TV in a bedroom with a box and one in the basement with a box.  The one in the basement is hardly ever used and is bigger so I swapped the TVs.  I also swapped the boxes - figured it would be easier than reprogramming the remotes.  Problem is the box moved from the basement to the bedroom went through the setup again and now says it can't detect a network connection??  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 2 of 5
(1,102 Views)

No reason to swap boxes. Remotes work on all boxes.

What model boxes did you swap? Were they the same?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor Scrltotara
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(1,003 Views)

Got it fixed!  I didn't want to reprogram the remote for the tv not the box. 

Contributor Rayropes
Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(746 Views)

How did you fix this? We lost power last night and the secondary box I have in the bedroom for quantum says it can't find network connection. It was never plugged into a network cable to begin with. I can't get past that screen.

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 5 of 5
(694 Views)

Network comes via coax.

It could be low signal.
Try checking coax connections.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.