technically clueless person received quantum tv equpment with generic instructions for installation
Gingjie

So FIOS sent the new quantum eqiupment for my tv, and included generic instructions.  I have some questions right off the bat:

1.  Right now I have 1 DVR, 1 HD digital box, and one box for an old analog tv.  What I received are two identical boxes and one much smaller box.  I figure that the two identical boxes go where the DVR and HD boxes are, but have no idea about the smaller box.  Is it an additional piece of equipment that replaces my DVR?  Does it replace the box on the analog TV?  the packing list is no help - it just lists the boxes by serial number, does not provide a description for anything but the new router.

2.  The instructions say to use activatemyfios.verizon.net if installing both internet and TV, and to follow the guide if installing TV only.  I am installing quantum only for the TV, but since I also have internet do I use activatemyfios.verizon.net?  I hope so because the TV only instructions say I need to install using a cablecard, and I don't have one of those.

3.  If I need to use the web to activate the new router, how do I do that if the old router is removed and the new router is not yet activiated?

4.  It's Saturday morning - are there even any FIOS tech support people available to helpl with this if I need it?

Any guidance or information would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: technically clueless person received quantum tv equpment with generic instructions for installat
LosingTheFatt
You can call 1-888 553-1555. I just verified the number and there is an option for set top boxes recently received. If that doesn't help you can back out to the main menu and select "technical support" Hope this helps! ...I have the same concerns too. I'm expecting my new boxes on Monday!
0 Likes
Re: technically clueless person received quantum tv equpment with generic instructions for installat
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you need these ?

IPC 1100 Manual Advanced IP Client STB

http://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/ipc1100_installation_manual-s.pdf

VZ  VMS1100 Video Media Server

http://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/vms1100_install_ops_manual-s.pdf

SUGGEST YOU GET A "TECHIE" FRIEND TO HELP YOU WITH THIS PROJECT.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did your order PREMIUM?  The two larger boxes sound like you did.  Each would then be  a VMS server (DVR).  The smaller box is probably the IPC (client) box.  All the boxes are HD.  Unless the smaller box is a router.  The setup requires the existing router be replaced with a Actiontec MR424wr Version I.  Don't attempt the install unless and until you have a version I router installed.

Normally you will NOT have to use the website when installing these boxes.  Just make sure to remove the old STB's after backing up the settings on your DVR.  Then plug in the VMS (suggest one at a time)  and wait for each to install.  The instructions will come up on the TV's connected to each box.  Then hook up the IPC box and follow its on screen instructions

0 Likes
Gingjie

This is all for the FIOS Quantum television.

I went on the assumption that the small box was for the SD TV.  It is initializing, and has been for quite some time.  The other two boxes have been set up, the router set up.  My only problem at this point - other than the extreme amount of time it is taking for the SD TV - is that I have no sound on one TV.  Both the TV and the STB say the volume is set at about 20, but still no sound.  I will check the FAQs and other posts on this forum to see if I can find a solution to that.

Thanks to all!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you mean 20 on the stb for the sound, its recommended in most cases that the sound be set to the max (30) and FIXED.  Then the remotes adjust the sound level via the TV's own volume settings  Also check on the stb the sound options.  IF NO sound rather then low sound it may be that it is sending out DOLBY Digital to a Tv that doesn't support it.

0 Likes