top box only lets me access parental controls
Eusebio

I am up working late on a project for college when my top box stops working completly.  I went to change the channel so i pressed guide and nothing popped up.  hit info then and only parental control menu in white showed up.  I entered my pin and the only thing it did was let me choose to deactivate parental controls or change my pin.  tried doing a hard reset and all it showed was terminal locked message.  It was also very hot which is strange since is sitting by itself on a desk with nothing on it or around it.  Do i have to call for a replacement or can it be fixed?  

0 Likes
Re: top box only lets me access parental controls
Penelope73
I'm having the same exact issue with both set top boxes after they rebooted on their own an hour ago. Been on hold for tech support 30 minutes.
0 Likes
Re: top box only lets me access parental controls
Penelope73
Aaand mine just rebooted again... adding like it's setting itself up as if my service is brand new. I've had nothing but trouble with fios since we had it installed. Not impressed. Every thing is worrying again now, though it jumped back 45 minutes in the recorded show I was watching.
0 Likes