Switch Account

transfer recorded dvr programs

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

transfer recorded dvr programs

Message 1 of 3
(1,097 Views)
I have saved programs on my dvr that I would like to save onto a thumb drive or to some other device. What are my options? These are programs that cannot be reproduced if lost.
Please help.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: transfer recorded dvr programs

Message 2 of 3
(1,085 Views)

@kojl wrote:
I have saved programs on my dvr that I would like to save onto a thumb drive or to some other device. What are my options? ...

The only option is to record the material in real time using one of the DVR outputs.  In my own case, I have a DVD recorder that accepts output from the DVR.

For a detailed list of possibilities (all of which involve real time recording), type "transfer dvr recording" into the "Ask The Community" box at the top of the page.  Also check this reference:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16506?r=0.355823235909583

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: transfer recorded dvr programs

Message 3 of 3
(1,066 Views)

Verizon will not help transfer recordings from your DVR to another device. Reason being is if it can be moved then it can be copied and shared, which would cause problems with verizon and its content providers.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.