Switch Account

tv picture streached

Contributor mikelaughlin3
Contributor
Message 1 of 13
(11,832 Views)

hi i live in southern cali. and have 4 channels that are streached 2,5,11,13 anyone heard what verizon is going to do to fix this and when

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 2 of 13
(11,811 Views)
If you're talking about SD channels on a HD box, stretch or no stretch is an option on the box.
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
Contributor mikelaughlin3
Contributor
Message 3 of 13
(11,777 Views)
no not hd just regular tv and only those 4 chanels already tried to adjust aspect ratio with no change
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 13
(11,774 Views)
Maybe it's an issue with your local channels feed to Verizon as the local channels prepare for the analog shutdown and not a Verizon issue?
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Bronze Contributor III
Bronze Contributor III
Message 5 of 13
(11,749 Views)

I thought I was the only one experiencing this issue, but apparently not...

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_TV&thread.id=6330

Verizon needs to deal with this issue as soon as possible, whether or not Verizon is actually the source of the problem or not.  I don't mind if its widescreen, I just don't want the widescreen feed to be stretched to 4:3, it looks aweful.

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 6 of 13
(11,746 Views)

@BigPete82 wrote:

Verizon needs to deal with this issue as soon as possible, whether or not Verizon is actually the source of the problem or not.  I don't mind if its widescreen, I just don't want the widescreen feed to be stretched to 4:3, it looks aweful.

It needs to be determined who is the source of the issue.  If the local OTA affiliate is sending it to Verizon stretched, there's not a thing Verizon can do about it.  The complaint needs to be directed to the local affiliate(s).  If it is Verizon, then yes it should be delivered in 4:3 or letterbox, not stretched - leave that up to the end user.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 7 of 13
(11,740 Views)

I'm confused by this issue.  Are you guys talking about the SD channels or the HD channels?

How can a 4:3 SD channel be stretched on a 4:3 TV?  Do you have black bars on the sides that squeeze the 4:3 screen into a smaller raster?

If you're viewing on a HD display, the Verizon HD STB/DVR gives you the following options for all SD channels: (a) display as 4:3 and (b) stretch to 16:9 widescreen.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
Bronze Contributor III
Bronze Contributor III
Message 8 of 13
(11,734 Views)

@Keyboards wrote:

@BigPete82 wrote:

It needs to be determined who is the source of the issue.  If the local OTA affiliate is sending it to Verizon stretched, there's not a thing Verizon can do about it.  The complaint needs to be directed to the local affiliate(s).  If it is Verizon, then yes it should be delivered in 4:3 or letterbox, not stretched - leave that up to the end user.

If the local OTA is sending it to Verizon stretched, Verizon can ask them to send a correct feed.  However, since there are 4 stations with the exact same issue, I doubt its a local affiliate problem.  KCBS, KTLA, KTTV, and KCOP are all experiencing this issue on both my HD and SD boxes with their SD feeds.

Bronze Contributor III
Bronze Contributor III
Message 9 of 13
(11,734 Views)

@KenAF wrote:

I'm confused by this issue.  Are you guys talking about the SD channels or the HD channels?

How can a 4:3 SD channel be stretched on a 4:3 TV?  Do you have black bars on the sides that squeeze the 4:3 screen into a smaller raster?

If you're viewing on a HD display, the Verizon HD STB/DVR gives you the following options for all SD channels: (a) display as 4:3 and (b) stretch to 16:9 widescreen.

We are talking about the SD channels.  For some reason, 4 of the SD channels in our area are being sent widescreen SD feeds.  These widescreen feeds are being squeezed onto our 4:3 screens.  There are black bars on the sides of 4:3 shows, no black bars on 16:9 shows.  In both cases, everyone looks skinny and tall.

Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 10 of 13
(11,705 Views)

I checked into this issue this morning, it does appear to be a Verizon issue, not sure of the cause at the moment, but we are working on it.

Brennoko
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solutions Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.