tv.verizon.com says "You are not currently subscribed to this network"
peuclid
Enthusiast - Level 1

First I tried using the AppleTV app "WatchABC" to see something on ABC where it told me to "Sign in here to watch the latest episodes".

I clicked that button and it showed me an activation screen saying to go to:

watchabc.com/activate

At which point I selected Verizon Fios and entered my activation code (which was on the tv screen), then clicked to the next page which asked for my verizon fios login. I did that and it successfully logged in and then returned:

To watch videos, you will need to subscribe to FiOS TV.

with a button: "Order online now".

So, I clicked the "order" button to see what it was going to make me do, and I didn't see any indication of what I needed to order to get access to this streaming version of ABC. In fact, I seemed to be back on the regular Fios web site logged in as my user.

I thought I was already a Fios subscriber and even an Ultimate package + HBO subscriber. In fact HBOGo works fine from my AppleTV which did a similar signon process.

While back on the verizon site, I noticed the link to watch Fios online which brought me to tv.verizon.com. This also had a button for WatchABC, so I thought I'd try watching it on my laptop.

No luck. I also tried clicking "Live", but still no luck. It now shows me:

"You are not currently subscribed to this network"

Is there some other network I need to subscribe to? I wouldn't think that ABC would be a network that requires some special access to view.

I'm stumped.

I'm using a Tivo box with a Cable card for access which has been working fine for years so is it possible that the problem is that I don't have a regular cable box? That doesn't seem to have any relation to this.

Looking for some suggestions. I got tired of trying things with the automated voice on the phone and would really like to talk to someone who knows something about this service as there doesn't seem to be anything online that mentions it.

0 Likes
Re: tv.verizon.com says "You are not currently subscribed to this network"
peuclid
Enthusiast - Level 1

I resolved this myself here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/I-cannot-watch-TV-from-ABC-apps-after-logi...

bottom line is I found that I had another account. Looked at Bill & Payment tab and it said I wasn't on my primary account.

0 Likes