tv with digital tuner not working without stb

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

tv with digital tuner not working without stb

Message 1 of 3
(3,855 Views)

hey i recently got a new tv tried setting it up without the stb and i am getting no channels is there something i need to do in order for me to get the broadcast chanels(qam) to work?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Re: tv with digital tuner not working without stb

Message 2 of 3
(3,830 Views)

@odawg753 wrote:

hey i recently got a new tv tried setting it up without the stb and i am getting no channels is there something i need to do in order for me to get the broadcast chanels(qam) to work?

Verify that your TV has a digital cable (QAM) tuner and connected to the appropriate (CABLE) input.  Like most providers, Verizon encrypts all their cable channels except for locals.  You should find the HD locals on QAMs 70-75.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: tv with digital tuner not working without stb

Message 3 of 3
(3,779 Views)

If you do have Qam tuner, you also need to run a digital channel scan thru your tv's menu.

Kim
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.