Switch Account

update set top boxes

Contributor jonathancohill
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(743 Views)

My set top boxes are 4 years old.  What would be the process to update them?  I have one HD, one SD and four of the low end SD boxes.  

Please advise.  Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(677 Views)

@jonathancohill wrote:

My set top boxes are 4 years old.  What would be the process to update them?  I have one HD, one SD and four of the low end SD boxes.  

Please advise.  Thanks. 

I'm no expert, but first, get the exact model numbers of the boxes.  They will be needed, regardless of who you talk to.

Here's what's available:  http://tinyurl.com/lxpq75c

Do you want to change service, or just the boxes.  If the latter, why?  Is there some capability you feel you lack?

See if there is a Verizon store in you area.  Discuss your plan with them.  That is frequently the best plan, as you can wring out all the issues.

HTH

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 3
(639 Views)

@starrin wrote:

@jonathancohill wrote:

Please advise.  Thanks. 

I'm no expert, but first, get the exact model numbers of the boxes.  They will be needed, regardless of who you talk to.

Here's what's available:  http://tinyurl.com/lxpq75c

Do you want to change service, or just the boxes.  If the latter, why?  Is there some capability you feel you lack?

See if there is a Verizon store in you area.  Discuss your plan with them.  That is frequently the best plan, as you can wring out all the issues.

HTH

Unless some of the boxes are free, there is absolutely no reason not to update to HD boxes.  And some improvement in service does exist.  And HD channels can be viewed although in SD, but generally improved picture quality.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.