please help me

4 REPLIES 4
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 2 of 5
(802 Views)

@kamara793 wrote:

please help me

Could you give us some detail on the problem you are having? 

Contributor CowboyRon
Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(752 Views)

I'm so lost I couldnt even figure out how to ask a question so I had to do it on a reply.  I've downloaded Media manager but everytime I start it, it quits within 60 sedonds with a message "media manager has stopped working".  I've tried reinstalling it but the same thing happens.   Any idea what is going on?  Thanks!   

Highlighted
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 4 of 5
(748 Views)

@CowboyRon wrote:

I'm so lost I couldnt even figure out how to ask a question so I had to do it on a reply.  I've downloaded Media manager but everytime I start it, it quits within 60 sedonds with a message "media manager has stopped working".  I've tried reinstalling it but the same thing happens.   Any idea what is going on?  Thanks!   

Hello,

Some follow-up questions to try to help you further:

• Is this Media Manager for Windows or Macintosh that you're having problems with?
  • What operating system are you using?
  • Are you still connected to your home wireless network when you get this error message?
  • Verify that your firewall settings exclude Media Manager (see: http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/tv/fiostv/guide/enhanced+tv/questionsone/126971.htm)
  • When you go to your TV (that has at least an HD STB), from your FiOS TV remote, check that your STB can detect your computer:  Menu -- Media Manager -- Refresh Devices.  Does it list your computer name and can you see your files (if they are shared to TV)?
  • Is this your first time to try Media Manager?  Has it worked before and just stopped working?

Contributor CowboyRon
Contributor
Message 5 of 5
(733 Views)

Hello there 22Becca22.  Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

While I was answering your questions it dawned on me what the problem probably was that Media Manager was reading files off of a thumb drive I had plugged in.  I went and removed the drive and that took care of it.  I feel like an idiot because I've been having this problem for a while and I just never sat down and thought it through. 

Thank you again for your reply,

Cowboy Ron

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.