Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

video media server changed my TV setting - only get letter box and have sound problems

CMG19
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

video media server changed my TV setting - only get letter box and have sound problems

Message 1 of 2
(706 Views)

I upgraded to the new VMS and when I installed it I lost the sound on my TV so I called support and he told me to hit power/ok/menu and it got me to a menu where it had user setting and he told me to change the additional hdmi setting to HDMI which I did but every time I turn off the box I have to got through this to get the sound back and now I have lost the full screen picture on my TV all I get is letter box even though the user setting is set to 16:9 .  This is gettign real annoying and no one in suppont has an answer - anyone know why this is happening and how I can get it fixed?   Is is a faulty box?  Any advice woudl be appreciated since tech support has no idea what they are talking about.

1 REPLY 1
hlppls
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Re: video media server changed my TV setting - only get letter box and have sound problems

Message 2 of 2
(684 Views)

Did you press OK after you changed the setting. If not it went right back to what it was when you exited the user setting menu

What is the resolution 1080 or 720? Does your TV support the resolution?  Does the letterbox happen on all channels or just standard def channels. if it is just on SD channels change the SD overide in  menu> settings>audio video> video setting> sd override to stretch

Last resort check with another TV.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title