Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

vod pixelation

SOLVED
AWH
Contributor
Contributor

Re: vod pixelation

Message 11 of 14
(1,200 Views)

I have a new FIOS installation and pixelation on both TVs from day one.  Techs have replaced the splitter, ONT and connected a new "light" fiber line to the HUB.  THey have tried bypassing my internal cables.  No solution. It still has pixelation.  This did not occur on Comcast.  After 4 visits by 2 different Techs, it is clear there is not a way to measure or find the source for pixelation, of if there is, the Techs dont know how.  Its OFAT...they try "one factor at a time" and come back later when it doesnt work.  Not sure if they know how to find the source??

PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 12 of 14
(1,197 Views)

@AWH wrote:

I have a new FIOS installation and pixelation on both TVs from day one.  Techs have replaced the splitter, ONT and connected a new "light" fiber line to the HUB.  THey have tried bypassing my internal cables.  No solution. It still has pixelation.  This did not occur on Comcast.  After 4 visits by 2 different Techs, it is clear there is not a way to measure or find the source for pixelation, of if there is, the Techs dont know how.  Its OFAT...they try "one factor at a time" and come back later when it doesnt work.  Not sure if they know how to find the source??

Have they replaced the router? 

GaryDoug
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 13 of 14
(1,194 Views)
I assume they are watching the SNR (signal-to-noise ratio) displayed on the DVR diagnostic screen... right? Should be over 35 typically, more like 39 if perfect.
Also have they checked the earth ground at the ONT?
TechSavvyChick
Contributor
Contributor

Message 14 of 14
(1,146 Views)

I just unplugged and re-plugged in my set top box & viola, it worked without pixelation!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title