want to convert my dvd to motorola from cisco
shymedq1
Enthusiast - Level 3

What department could I contact (email or phone) that would be able to convert my cisco dvrs to motorola dvrs? I already tried tech support, esupport and billing) no help.

0 Likes
Re: want to convert my dvd to motorola from cisco
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Field technicians are the only ones that can make that call, from what I understand.  You may have to call and schedule a visit and if the field tech is in agreement - then he can make that change, but he would need an ok from different departments.  I don't think you can call and just have a tech drop by, you would have to have some kind of problem that warranted a tech dropping by.   You would then engage the tech about the conversion, and not the tech support agent online or on the phone.  They would schedule the tech for you, but I don't think they would do it just for the request on a wim, they would need some kind of trouble that they couldn't resolve over the phone. 

a second option is calling the local stores and seeing if you could drop by with your cable boxes for an exchange. 

Special note, motorola and cisco can't be in the same house, so it has to be all or nothing.  you would have to replace them all.  

0 Likes
Re: want to convert my dvd to motorola from cisco
prisaz
Legend

Note.

Once the account is configured, it must remain one type of hardware or the other. Even if a customer were to switch all  the hardware themselves, the boxes could not be activated on the account. It would show an improper hardware for customer account error.

The change would require engineering support, and or more than one department. CSRs, or techs could not, or do not have access to the account controls, and system programming to make this change on the fly. Another way is deleting TV from the customers account, and re adding it for the new hardware. You would lose bundles discounts pretty much everything tied to the bundle on the account. Real mess. Like was said, it is not something they do on a whim.

I like the Cisco hardware better myself. They may have found an easier way to make the change, but I am not aware of it. I have compared both types of DVRs on the exact same TV. So switching hardware back and forth may just cause more wasted time and not solve any issues. It may instead just cause more trouble.

Why would you want to make the switch? Is this audio related?

0 Likes