watching tv from laptop
T2R1

Hello Can someone help me (walk me through the steps) of how to just watch shows from my computer? It is hit or miss for me to find a currently playing show to watch, and on demand shows or previously aired ones I have not even found. CBS is my favorite station.

anyhow, if someone can help, I would appreciate it! And please don't say I should be smart enough to figure it out. Google isn't helping and neither is you tube.

thank you

0 Likes
Re: watching tv from laptop
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

At t hff e top of this page click on "watch tv". You'll see a bunch of options, one of which is the guide. If you go to it, any station that allows streaming will let you watch live if you click on it. I believe you need a special app for CBS though.

0 Likes
Arfiezy
Enthusiast - Level 1

After searching and chatting with verizon fios tech support, then googling the same question it is quite clear that Verizon simply chose to NOT MAKE a way or a tool to do this. On my iPhone XR the free downloaded iOS app for watching TV online works beautifully, quickly, all channels you subscribed to in your Fios contract. But laptops & desktops are apparently a dead market for Verizon... but WHY CAN'T THE JUST SAY "no app, no browser tool, no way to watch your live FiosTV online via laptop or desktop computer".

So rude of VERIZON. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

A number of content providers allow you to sign in with your FiOS credentials to watch their shows. Usually not live, but can see most everything they have.

0 Likes
oceanexpress1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue here.  I subscribed to a package which includes local channels.  I can watch them fine on a traditional TV, however, most of our consumption of tv is now via devices.  For whatever reason, Verizon will not stream CBS and ABC to devices.  NBC and FOX are fine.  For this reason I dropped TV from Verizon and now use youtubetv.  Wish I made this decision earlier...