Re: we want to fast forward and rewind on demand shows
SirKit

I had Xfinity up until the end of 2018. Let me try to clear this up for everyone. Xfinity does allow you to FF/REW Search through its On Demand programming. If you are fast forward searching, when you hit a commercial break it goes into normal speed and plays the break (you can Pause the break if you wish). If you are rewinding, it will rewind through the commercials. It is logically presumed that if you are in rewind, you have already seen the commercials, so no problem. This idea that the "content providers restrict" using FF or REW is almost total nonsense. With Xfinity, you can always skip through the programming, just not the commercials. Also, in many cases, though not all, if you are re-watching an On Demand show in Xfinity, then you ARE allowed to fast fwd through the commercials too. Also. If I stop watching, leave On Demand Xfinity and come back later, it DOES pick up from where I left off. Oh, one more thing: there are no paid or blocked current season broadcast TV shows, as I have already seen with this here. So this should unmuddy the waters here. Don't let anyone confuse you.

0 Likes
Re: we want to fast forward and rewind on demand shows
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes