weak audio
ChrisO

I have a QIP7216 STB for my new HD Fios service and the audio output seems a bit weak as compared to the dvd player plugged into the same TV in the same way. This is kind of annoying as I switch to the DVD and the volume is blaring. Also, I have the box hooked up to a Sony location free player which sends the signal to my laptop for viewing there. It looks great but I can hardly hear it without sending the audio to an external amplifier. It's even too quiet for headphones. Is there any way to boost this from the settings in the STB? - Chris

0 Likes
Re: weak audio
TheMuffinMan

Try this... Access the fios menu, go to settings, audio and adjust the audio dynamic range to heavy and see if that improves the audio volume. Also make your audio is set to stereo if your not using a surround sound system, sometimes it will default it self to this setting.

0 Likes
Rebalol
Contributor - Level 1

How do you have the box hooked up to the tv?  I had the same problem until I added the hdmi cable...now the sound works perfectly!  It hangs when I first turn it on and says no signal but when it gets there, the sound is great...i can watch now at volume level low 20's whereas before I had the volume up to the 80 - 100 level and still had a problem.

0 Likes
bxfamct7

I have a HDMI cable and volume is still low on both standard and HD STB's. STB is set at 30 but have to have my TV's at 80 to 100 for a halfway decent volume. I've tried every combination in audio settings

0 Likes
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1

In your STB goto menu/settings/ audio/dynamic range; and change the setting to Heavy, you should notice a difference.

Also try menu/settings/audio STB volume; and make sure it is set to 30 or at its maximum.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

There is an issue that the 7xxx boxes have a lower volume output than their 6xxx series counterparts. My buddy at Verizon says that they are going to roll out a patch for this soon. He's not sure if it will be in the next update at the end of the month as it is mostly for the HDMI issues plaguing the motorola boxes. But if not this next one then the one after that will be addressing the volume issue.

0 Likes