what tv channels can a tv tuner get?
davedotcom
Enthusiast - Level 2

what tv channels can a tv tuner get?

without a converter box, just a standard digital tv tuner?

another way to ask might be which channels are encyrpted?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: what tv channels can a tv tuner get?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can get all of the local channels for your area.

Maybe Weather and 1 or two others, but that is it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can get all of the local channels for your area.

Maybe Weather and 1 or two others, but that is it.

0 Likes
PjD805
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually you can get the local channels plus the SD analog channels that used to be up to UHF channel 50.

When you setup your tuner, it'll receive standard definition [SD] and High-Def [HD] channels. All broadcasters went digital a couple of years ago, but depending on your area, there are still some analog stations out there..

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@PjD805 wrote:

Actually you can get the local channels plus the SD analog channels that used to be up to UHF channel 50.

When you setup your tuner, it'll receive standard definition [SD] and High-Def [HD] channels. All broadcasters went digital a couple of years ago, but depending on your area, there are still some analog stations out there..

You do not get the SD analog stations up to 50.  For one thing there are no analog stations, only digital qam.  And at least for me I see the HD version and not the SD version for primary locals,  Most other local subchannels are in SD.

0 Likes
PjD805
Enthusiast - Level 2

True, I mis-spoke. What I meant to say is there a lot of channels beyond the local channels most of which are not HD. This is in contrast or in response to what the 2nd post said...  "Maybe Weather and 1 or two others, but that is it."

0 Likes