Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

why doesnt verizon fios DVD have the feature to start a show late?

dave_langer
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

why doesnt verizon fios DVD have the feature to start a show late?

Message 1 of 2
(370 Views)

Its annoying how some times ABC sets their shows to run over by a minute so that means the 10pm show gets cancelled if there is a conflict.

Also why hasnt fios added clipping to start the 2nd show late?  

1 REPLY 1
lasagna
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: why doesnt verizon fios DVD have the feature to start a show late?

Message 2 of 2
(357 Views)

I agree ABC (and several other networks) do this 1-minute over things.  Works fine if all you ever do is watch the same network, but it doesn't create conflicts with back to back recordings of multiple channels on a busy night (so much so that I have two DVR's in the house and try to keep recordings organized by network by DVR so that I don't run into this stupid issue).

For FiOS's part, having an option "allow recording to start late to avoid tuner conflict" would be a very nice to have feature.  Perhaps you could suggest it on the ideas forums elsewhere on this site.

Of course, even better would be having a 4-tuner (or 6 or 😎 DVR to avoid this altogether.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title