will fios remote control change (control) the volume on a JBL soundbar?
billbillbill1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to buy a soundbar for my TV, but I want to contol the soundbar volume with the FIOS remote control.  I am considering buying the JBL BarStudio soundbar that is advertised on Verizons accessory site:  https://www.verizon.com/home/accessories/jbl-bar-studio/

I have:

FIOS remote control VZP265v5 RC

STB Motorola QIP700 / 6386 / 010

TV Samsung UN3M5300AF

The JBL soundbar advertises that the volume works with "most TV remotes" but I want to confirm it works with the Verizon FIOS remote. I dont want multiple remotes. Does anyone have any experience? Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: will fios remote control change (control) the volume on a JBL soundbar?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. That remote only controls the TV and Set-top box. You will have to use the soundbar remote to control volume. If you want a universal remote. Logitech has remotes under $50

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. That remote only controls the TV and Set-top box. You will have to use the soundbar remote to control volume. If you want a universal remote. Logitech has remotes under $50

billbillbill1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thats what I feared. Thank you for confirming. Thanks

0 Likes
Miketee1
Enthusiast - Level 3

It will control a Receiver for home theater. 

Go to Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup. 

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Miketee wrote:

It will control a Receiver for home theater. 

Go to Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup. 

Not in the original poster's case. You need FiOS TV One VMS4100 boxes with new bluetooth remote to control a receiver. 

They have a Moto 7100 HD STB and a P265 remote. That remote is IR and only programs to a TV.

Miketee1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My bad, I've been reading so many FIOS TV ONE post that I overlooked that detail.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How do you like the FiOS TV One so far? A guy I work with has upgraded and says it is pretty good. Says the boxes are really fast. 

0 Likes
Miketee1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tonight is my 4th night with the equipment. It's awesome and super fast like your friend stated. The picture quality is much better than the 1100. No more fuzziness and smearing. I have to get a 4k TV now just because. I heard the picture is terrific, even though most content is not in 4k, but it upscales. It's a must upgrade. The voice control on the remote is very precise as well.

TBHWFH

Are there directions to sync the sound bar with the remote. I have a wireless box.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup then follow the instructions 

After you are done the TV setup part it will ask you if volume is controlled through a receiver or soundbar. Say yes and it will go through another setup for the soundbar.