Switch Account

will fios remote control change (control) the volume on a JBL soundbar?

will fios remote control change (control) the volume on a JBL soundbar?

SOLVED
Contributor billbillbill1
Contributor
Message 1 of 11
(2,243 Views)

I want to buy a soundbar for my TV, but I want to contol the soundbar volume with the FIOS remote control.  I am considering buying the JBL BarStudio soundbar that is advertised on Verizons accessory site:  https://www.verizon.com/home/accessories/jbl-bar-studio/

I have:

FIOS remote control VZP265v5 RC

STB Motorola QIP700 / 6386 / 010

TV Samsung UN3M5300AF

The JBL soundbar advertises that the volume works with "most TV remotes" but I want to confirm it works with the Verizon FIOS remote. I dont want multiple remotes. Does anyone have any experience? Thank you for your help.

10 REPLIES 10
MVP Edg1 MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 11
(2,208 Views)

No. That remote only controls the TV and Set-top box. You will have to use the soundbar remote to control volume. If you want a universal remote. Logitech has remotes under $50

Contributor billbillbill1
Contributor
Message 3 of 11
(2,157 Views)

Thats what I feared. Thank you for confirming. Thanks

Copper Contributor Miketee
Copper Contributor
Message 4 of 11
(2,071 Views)

It will control a Receiver for home theater. 

Go to Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup. 

MVP Edg1 MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 11
(2,063 Views)

@Miketee wrote:

It will control a Receiver for home theater. 

Go to Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup. 

Not in the original poster's case. You need FiOS TV One VMS4100 boxes with new bluetooth remote to control a receiver. 

They have a Moto 7100 HD STB and a P265 remote. That remote is IR and only programs to a TV.

Copper Contributor
Message 6 of 11
(2,056 Views)

My bad, I've been reading so many FIOS TV ONE post that I overlooked that detail.

MVP Edg1 MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 11
(2,052 Views)

How do you like the FiOS TV One so far? A guy I work with has upgraded and says it is pretty good. Says the boxes are really fast. 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Message 8 of 11
(2,044 Views)

Tonight is my 4th night with the equipment. It's awesome and super fast like your friend stated. The picture quality is much better than the 1100. No more fuzziness and smearing. I have to get a 4k TV now just because. I heard the picture is terrific, even though most content is not in 4k, but it upscales. It's a must upgrade. The voice control on the remote is very precise as well.

Contributor TBHWFH
Contributor
Message 9 of 11
(1,909 Views)

Are there directions to sync the sound bar with the remote. I have a wireless box.

MVP Edg1 MVP
MVP

Go to Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup then follow the instructions 

After you are done the TV setup part it will ask you if volume is controlled through a receiver or soundbar. Say yes and it will go through another setup for the soundbar.  

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.