wireless router
1geobella2

I have been having trouble with wireless router.my laptop will pick up signal as soon as I click to enter anything signal drops.

had my laptop checked nothing wrong, was told problem is wireless router. how to get it changed

0 Likes
Re: wireless router
Hubrisnxs
Legend

You can change them over the counter at a verizon store 

or something that a lot of people have had good luck with is changing the wireless frequency.  you should try that first.

user name admin

password is the serial number under the upc barcode of your router (case sensitive) unless you have the dual antenna router, and then its labeled login password. again case sensitive.

once you are logged in, stay inthe first column and click change wireless settings.   and then look for channels, 

change it from auto to 1, save/apply and test..  if its better, leave it there.  if its the same or worse, try channel 6 and then 11, rinse and repeat.  

worse case scenario I use the trendnet wireless n upgrader and its cheap and works very well.

0 Likes
Re: wireless router
mobyric1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try connecting to a friend's router and see if you have the same issue. Really doesn't sound like a router issue though.

0 Likes