wrong program description for the local news here in Dallas.
jacksnodgrass

The 12:00 / Noon ABC News program description says:

Midday News - The KTVB News Team offers...

The local, DFW, ABC, Channel 8 news station is WFAA... KTVB is in Boise Idaho....

It's been like this for a while...

Not sure who to report this issue to... 

jack

0 Likes
Re: wrong program description for the local news here in Dallas.
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

Don't waste your time trying to report it.  This is a known issue with the company that provides the guide info.  It is wrong, not all the time, but consistently.  The first time I saw it, it was screwing up my series manager recording, because it was the wrong name and info.

I tried emailing--no results.  I called tech support and spent 20 minutes on hold, and then tried to explain it to the tech who told me it was my box.  Then he (without telling me) reset BOTH my boxes and managed to delete ALL of the settings, including favorites, which takes about 30 minutes to reset.  I tried regular Customer Service--they could not get what I was talking about, and said the "networks give them the info", which is obviously not the case, as it is so incorrect sometimes.  I then emailed the local channels to let them know, which produced "we'll look into it" answer.  The guide still has some incredibly wrong info.  I even tried to contact the info provider, that was posted somewhere on the forums, but that was hopeless, also.  For example, they had the wrong presidential debates posted in 2008 (the descriptions said Kerry/Bush Debate!)  Last week Lifetime had an original 2010 movie called "Deadly Honeymoon".  The guide had "Nightmare Honeymoon -- 1973" as the description. And so on..... It wasn't corrected.

Apparently, until Verizon decides to go with a more accurate information provider, there will be ridiculous mistakes posted on the guide. Verizon does not seem bothered by it.

0 Likes