Disney Plus & Fios Gigabyte upgrade are not worth it at all.
20yrcustomer1

We were told we would be elligible to get disney plus free for a year if we upgraded to gigabyte internet. It was a lie. They now say current (20 year customers) are not elligilbe because it is not a new service. We cancelled our cable through fios and they talked us into upgrading a two year contract. This new service has relocated our modem to a back part of the house that no longer provides coverage throughout our home.  The tech told us we should purchase an extender to provide coverage to our home that previously (prior to the upgrade) had coverage. 

I spent 2.5 hours chating then 1 hour waiting on hold to speak to someone regarding current deal that we were told during our upgrade that would provide Disney plus that did not. Finally after 3 hours I spoke witha supervisor Ms.  Allbright was polite but firm in stating we did not qualify since we were existing customers. They have operators to upsell or mistate on the phone to get you to spend more money, then tell you that they have no record or that you are not elligible.  READ THE FINE PRINT AND STAY AWAY FROM GIGABYTE if you are a current customer. 

0 Likes
Re: Disney Plus & Fios Gigabyte upgrade are not worth it at all.
jonjones1
Legend

Gigabyte service doesn't require to move your router to a different section of the house. Verizon may have to switch out your ONT and get a newer router to you, but it can be installed where it was before. Why did they move it?

disney+ is for new service not existing customers. You could have read that on the net or through verizon promotions. 

none of the good stuff is for existing customers just new ones unfortunately.

0 Likes
20yrcustomer1

We had router in bedroom. Tech said it had to be Ethernet connection so they had to move router to where Ethernet connection is which is the back of our house in storage room where cable and cable box enter the house. Even with new gig upgrade speed does not go over 30. Way not worth the hassle 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@20yrcustomer wrote:

We had router in bedroom. Tech said it had to be Ethernet connection so they had to move router to where Ethernet connection is which is the back of our house in storage room where cable and cable box enter the house. Even with new gig upgrade speed does not go over 30. Way not worth the hassle 

They could have ran ethernet any where in the house. They were lazy. You can run ethernet to where you want. Just purchase a cable cat6 from Best Buy or another store in a length more to your liking.

0 Likes
20yrcustomer1

Thanks for your reply. I agree Verizon was lazy with the installation of the new gigabyte. Not sure why I would have to do all the extra work, and pay for material when I had to pay $100 additional for the installation upgrade. Home internet still at 18 despite the upgrade. Stay away from the upgrade. We’ve not been satisfied at all. Frustrating, expensive and made our internet service worse.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@20yrcustomer wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I agree Verizon was lazy with the installation of the new gigabyte. Not sure why I would have to do all the extra work, and pay for material when I had to pay $100 additional for the installation upgrade. Home internet still at 18 despite the upgrade. Stay away from the upgrade. We’ve not been satisfied at all. Frustrating, expensive and made our internet service worse.

The speed is probably not provisioned correctly. A call to 1-800-VERIZON and you can have them check it and if not provisioned correctly they can and will do so.

the cost of ethernet cat6 is about $10 in a 100 foot length. It is also simple plug into routers lan port to device. Presto done.

however those low numbers I am assuming are wifi numbers,correct? Wifi is not guaranteed and many obstacles can and do affect it. Walks, ceilings, building construction, appliances etc. the verizon installer could have placed the router any place you wanted. My installer four years ago was great. It’s the luck of the draw.

I also had to be provisioned properly which took two days after engineering was alerted.

0 Likes
JaneRogger

I wasn't aware about this. Thanks for sharing. Also one thing to ask, is it worth updating netflix?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@JaneRogger wrote:

I wasn't aware about this. Thanks for sharing. Also one thing to ask, is it worth updating netflix?

I had Netflix since they started. Then the original people that were promised no increases in costs and then it was not honored. After two increases I dropped them.

0 Likes