Switch Account

Fed up with Verizon

Highlighted
Contributor badkitty13x
Contributor
Message 1 of 7
(10,787 Views)

We have had no internet, no TV, and no phone since Sandy hit on 11/4.   While I understand it takes a long time to fix outages with such a tremendous storm, it is IMPOSSIBLE TO SUBMIT A TICKET ONLINE AND IMPOSSIBLE TO GET AN AGENT ON THE PHONE TO DISCUSS WHEN SERVICE SHOULD BE REINSTATED.   I am SO SICK of Verizon.   The one time I finally got through on the line, the person who answered immediately hung up. 

Why am I paying $140 a month for terrible service?  

6 REPLIES 6
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 2 of 7
(10,750 Views)

@badkitty13x wrote:

We have had no internet, no TV, and no phone since Sandy hit on 11/4.   While I understand it takes a long time to fix outages with such a tremendous storm, it is IMPOSSIBLE TO SUBMIT A TICKET ONLINE AND IMPOSSIBLE TO GET AN AGENT ON THE PHONE TO DISCUSS WHEN SERVICE SHOULD BE REINSTATED.   I am SO SICK of Verizon.   The one time I finally got through on the line, the person who answered immediately hung up. 

Why am I paying $140 a month for terrible service?  

Where precisely are you located?  Many, many people still don't even have any power as a result of Sandy.  It was probably the worst storm ever to impact the area, and severly stretched all utility capabilities.  I think your impatience is not appropriate, IMHO.  I suspect if you had another cable or Internet service it would be out too.

Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 3 of 7
(10,721 Views)

Badkitty13x-

Since you haven't had any luck filing a repair ticket either online or over the phone, I will escalate your post so you can get a ticket filed.

Thanks,

Heather

Contributor md71
Contributor
Message 4 of 7
(10,670 Views)

We reported the outage over a week ago and they told us they couldn't do anything because the problem was more widespread. When I called today to get a status update - apparently the outage hadn't posted to Verizons board until today??!!! Not sure how that happens when the techs knew a week ago that there was nothing they can do until a wider problem gets fixed and only today it gets posted as an outage. Almost 2 weeks now without Verizon.

I know a lot of people have it worse off than we do, and I am not trying to compare my issues to others. Not even a comparison,but it's frustrating because it is impacting my wife's job. She is a telecommuter and she can't work from home without internet access or phone. She has been telling her work everyday that she has no new information - and Verizon has done ZERO to keep us informed.

LIPA got our power up in a week. What the &#$!# is taking Verizon so **bleep** long. Get your act together.

Contributor Stevesm
Contributor
Message 5 of 7
(10,588 Views)

We're having the same issue.  Called Verizon on 11/6 the day we got power.  Scheduled a tech visit on Saturday.  Tech came to the house on Sunday and told us that he had to call construction.  I was told that construction would have the repair done today.  I called 1-800-VERIZON today and they told me the ticket hasn't even been assigned yet.  He said that at this point he couldn't even tell me when constructon would be completed.  I'm not the only one who called.  Apparently, many people are cancelling their service.  

Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 6 of 7
(10,473 Views)

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 7 of 7
(10,358 Views)

@Stevesm wrote:

We're having the same issue.  Called Verizon on 11/6 the day we got power.  Scheduled a tech visit on Saturday.  Tech came to the house on Sunday and told us that he had to call construction.  I was told that construction would have the repair done today.  I called 1-800-VERIZON today and they told me the ticket hasn't even been assigned yet.  He said that at this point he couldn't even tell me when constructon would be completed.  I'm not the only one who called.  Apparently, many people are cancelling their service.  

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.