Switch Account

HURRICANE SANDY POWER OUTAGES

HURRICANE SANDY POWER OUTAGES

Contributor dematteo77
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(6,303 Views)

I just spoke to {Edited for privacy} at Verizon Customer Service, according to him. He will not credit my account for the 7 days I lost power due to the Hurricane because I did not call on on Monday 10/29 when I lost power.  There were a lot of other things on my mind on that day, such as how to heat my home, protect the food in my fridge and seperate freezer and so on.  I also had no telephone service, since there was no power and my cell phone was not working for 2 days.  It wasn't until Saturday, 11/3 that I even thought to call in to ask for a credit when my neighbor told me they called Comcast.  At that time Verizon customer service told me no problem but to call back when power is restored so they know how long the credit should be.  So I do this and good ol' {Edited for privacy} tells me they credit back to the day I called to report the problem (11/3).  My power was restored on Sunday, 11/4 so I would only get 1 day credit. 

This is crazy, you cannot take my word that power was out for 7 days in my home?  I am lying to you to get a lousy $27 credit to my account???  It is not bad enough I will be spending hundreds of dollars to restock my fridge, since I had to throw it all out.  UNBELIEVABLE.  Crazy that Verizon will not do this, Comcast credited my neighbors account for the full time of power loss with NO QUESTIONS ASKED.  Guess I should switch back to Comcast and you can lose my business completely instead of $27 for 7 days of service.

{Edited for privacy} was horrible to deal with too.  He asked me why I was getting so worked up over such a small amount and threatening to leave Verizon.  WHY {Edited for privacy}, because I am under a lot of stress over the power loss, inconvenience and restocking of my Fridge...  How about a little compassion.  Then he refused to give me a manager saying he is the manager...  UGH   $27 or not, I feel so hurt by his reactions and coldness, I am Calling Comcast tomorrow.  THIS IS HOW {Edited for privacy}, AT VERIZON TREATS HURRICANE SANDY VICTIMS...  FOR SHAME

1 REPLY 1
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 2
(5,999 Views)

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.