Switch Account

Shame on YOU Verizon - NO Refunds after Sandy Outage

Shame on YOU Verizon - NO Refunds after Sandy Outage

Contributor casadelrob
Contributor
Message 1 of 9
(12,943 Views)

Tisk Tisk Verizon!! You come into our community with big signs and attend our community events, convincing residents to sign up for your cable, THEN, when the community is IN NEED of a break, a SMALL relief from the bills that have pilled up from this storm, YOU TURN YOUR back and make us "read the fine print - Weather related service interuption WILL NOT be refunded"

7 days I was without Power, AND I AM NOT complaining as neighbors and others suffered much worse, BUT Cablevision( a local company) and OTHERS agree to credit back customers WHO COULD NOT have been able to use their product.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/news/2012/11/02/paytv-companies-granting-sandy-refunds-to-nyc-residents/

THANKS VERIZON!! I always thought you had a superior product, BUT I know when the dust settles on this storm and things are back to normal, I HOPE NEW YORK residents REALIZE what a BUNCH OF JERKS you are!!!!  YOU **bleep** Cheapos!! GET WITH THE PROGRAM and credit back people hit by the storm like fellow providers have done after this event.  

YOUR move on this  one will NOT be forgotten as people remember deeply how they are treated in times like this.

GLAD I did not sign a 2 year agreement, because I will certainly be weighing my options when this ordeal is finish.

SHAME ON YOU FIOS!

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Contributor regoc51
Contributor
Message 2 of 9
(12,920 Views)

Requesting a refund after an outage should be a customers right no matter what caused the outage.  It appears that Verizon is not about customer service but about their bottom line.  A little forethought into their reputation as a company should be used by the executives.  As both a customer and a holder of Verizon stock; I am ashamed that this company refuses to give customers credit for not being able to use their service. 

Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 3 of 9
(12,916 Views)

Hi All-

Verizon is offering credits to all those hit by Sandy as well as waiving fees associated with equipment replacements. In order to get credited, you must report an issue. If you haven't yet, you can do so by going to Verizon.com/repair and following the proper steps there.

In addition, Verizon Wireless will be crediting customers for voice and text overages for customers in New York and New Jersey counties affected by Hurricane Sandy. For additional information regarding wireless credits, please see http://t.co/yexyu10T

I hope that helps!

-Heather

Contributor casadelrob
Contributor
Message 4 of 9
(12,913 Views)
Heather- spoke to Verizon yesterday and they said NO CREDITS because of no power, and since there is no issue at the present time, how would I have known if it were out during the 7 days I had no power?
I'll try to follow your outage link, BUT, I was told by 2 different reps at Verizon that they were NOT offering such a credit for those affected with no power.
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 5 of 9
(12,893 Views)

casadelrob- I'm so sorry for your frustrations. I hope you, your family and your home weren't hit too badly by Sandy.  Let me look into this in greater detail and I'll get back to you.

-Heather

Contributor casadelrob
Contributor
Message 6 of 9
(12,887 Views)
Thanks Heather- I feel blessed to have the worst of my problems be a week without power or heat, phone etc when compared to those who have REALLY suffered. Having said that, I ALWAYS was a huge opponent of Cablevision and their empire here in NY. BUT, they did some really kind things for the people of this area during the storm, free wifi to their island wide wifi system for everyone. access to their newsday.com site for non subscribers. It's these sort of gestures that make me think maybe I've been too hard
On them, and they care just a little bit more about the people and the community that they conduct their business. So instead of
Mailing off a check to some corporate headquarters, maybe next time I'll convince myself and others to keep their dollars local with a company who cares.
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 7 of 9
(12,886 Views)

casadelrob- I'm going to escalate your original post to our Private Support Board to ensure you get the helped needed to file for credit.  You'll receive a Private Message (PM) detailing how you can access the Private Support Board and your case.  You can access your PM by clicking on the yellow envelope icon on the top right of this page.

Please let me know if you have any issues getting to that.

Thanks,

Heather

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 9 of 9
(12,355 Views)

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.